
I have something to confess. I have a split personality (probably more than one to be honest). You, my loyal followers, and most of my friends, know me just as Jackie. A weird, impatient,disorganized terrible cook who isn't that fond of children.
However, every day at 2:30 I morph into my Dr. Jekyll: Miss Jackie. She still has the basic characteristics, but there are some HUGE differences as well. Miss Jackie doesn't curse. Miss Jackie is patient. And Miss Jackie doesn't hate children (GASP!). Now, before you begin to worry, Miss Jackie doesn't exist for long. She only takes form for a few hours in the middle of each day. And I don't have take any elixir to summon her arrival; so she can disappear at any given second.
Miss Jackie is kind. She gets ice packs for bruised knees and band-aids for "cuts" ( I swear, that school hemorrhages band-aids! Sometimes I can't even see the alleged "cut" that a child claims to have- but maybe that's just Jackie talking). She will play games and give hugs and give piggy-back rides. She goes sledding, roller-skating, plays soccer and kickball. And no matter what, she always lets you win.
This woman is clearly insane.
Miss Jackie hangs around a little bit longer on Wednesdays. Every Wednesday, Miss Jackie buckles two little boys in her car. She explains to Dylan (again) the importance of seat belts and why we must put them on EVERY time we get into the car. She listens to "Fishin in the Dark" every Wednesday on the way home. She cooks! She watches hours of I-Carly reruns and Madagascar specials and Go Diego Go. She gives horsie-rides (Yep, you read that right. Miss Jackie goes to class from 9-2:30, works from 2:30-5:30 and then gets downs on all fours and lets little boys get on her back. Like a horse).
I hope you never have the unfortunate coincidence of running into Miss Jackie. If you see her on campus unsupervised please notify the proper authorities. She is not of sound mind and could be considered a danger to herself and others.
However, every day at 2:30 I morph into my Dr. Jekyll: Miss Jackie. She still has the basic characteristics, but there are some HUGE differences as well. Miss Jackie doesn't curse. Miss Jackie is patient. And Miss Jackie doesn't hate children (GASP!). Now, before you begin to worry, Miss Jackie doesn't exist for long. She only takes form for a few hours in the middle of each day. And I don't have take any elixir to summon her arrival; so she can disappear at any given second.
Miss Jackie is kind. She gets ice packs for bruised knees and band-aids for "cuts" ( I swear, that school hemorrhages band-aids! Sometimes I can't even see the alleged "cut" that a child claims to have- but maybe that's just Jackie talking). She will play games and give hugs and give piggy-back rides. She goes sledding, roller-skating, plays soccer and kickball. And no matter what, she always lets you win.
This woman is clearly insane.
Miss Jackie hangs around a little bit longer on Wednesdays. Every Wednesday, Miss Jackie buckles two little boys in her car. She explains to Dylan (again) the importance of seat belts and why we must put them on EVERY time we get into the car. She listens to "Fishin in the Dark" every Wednesday on the way home. She cooks! She watches hours of I-Carly reruns and Madagascar specials and Go Diego Go. She gives horsie-rides (Yep, you read that right. Miss Jackie goes to class from 9-2:30, works from 2:30-5:30 and then gets downs on all fours and lets little boys get on her back. Like a horse).
I hope you never have the unfortunate coincidence of running into Miss Jackie. If you see her on campus unsupervised please notify the proper authorities. She is not of sound mind and could be considered a danger to herself and others.

No comments:
Post a Comment